Dai: belt Mai: meridian
Daimai pertain to the gall bladder meridian and meets at the Belt Vessel (Daimai).
Chinese Name: 帶脉
English Name/Meaning: Girdling Vessel
Pinyin: dài mài
Han Geul 한글: dae maek 대맥
Romaji: tai myaku
Vietnamese: Đới mạch
8 cun posterior to Zhangmen(LR13), at the junction of the vertical line of the free end of the 11th rib and the horizontal line of the umbilicus.
Functions of daimai:
- Regulate Dai-mai ( pain along channel; lummbar hypochondriac ).
- Regular damp heat ( irregular menstruation, uterine prolapse, vaginal discharge).
- Regulates uterus ( menstruation, leucorrhoea, vaginal discharge).
- Main point for gynecological disorders like leukorrhea, prolapse of the uterus, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation).
- Also beneficial in disorders in the waist and abdomen, distension and fullness in the abdomen, weakness of the lumbar region, lower back pain.
- Other disorders: muscular atrophy, weakness and motor impairment of the lower limbs.
Puncture obliquely 0.8-1.0 cun
Crossing Point of Gallbladder meridian and Dai channel.
In thin individuals, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.