Feng : pathogenic chi: pool
Fengchi is below the occipital bone in a pool like depression. It is an important point in eliminating the pathogenic wind.
Chinese Name: 风池
English Name/Meaning: Wind Pool
Pinyin: fēng chí
Han Geul 한글: pung ji 풍지
Romaji: fū chi
Vietnamese: Phong trì
In the depression between the upper portion of m.sternocleidomestoideus and m.trapezius, and the level with Fengfu (GV16).
- Dispels wind and clear heat/cold (allergies, wind heat, stiffneck, calm liver yang).
- Clears the head, benefits the eyes, nose and ears.
- Activates the meridian, relieves pain.
- Fengchi is the main point for diseases of the head, face and five sense organs, especially good for eye diseases, such as redness, swelling and pain of the eyes, nasal congestion, nasosinusitis, tinnitus, headache, etc.
- Fainting, insomnia, stroke, epilepsy.
- Common cold and febrile disease.
- Stiff pain of the neck and nape, heel problems: pain due to heel bone spur.
Puncture with the needle tip slightly pointed downward, or toward the tip of the nose for 0.5-0.8 cun.
Puncture transversely toward Fengfu (GV16).
Crossing Point of Gallbladder and Yangwei channel.
Do not puncture deeply upward and inward to prevent injuring the medulla.