Fu: supercial Bai: bright
Fubai is on the superficial layer of the body and functions in clearing the mind and brightens the eyes.
Chinese Name: 浮白
English Name/Meaning: Floating White
Pinyin: fú bái
Han Geul 한글: bu baek 부백
Romaji: fu haku(?)
Vietnamese: Phù bạch
Fubai lies posterior and superior to the mastoid process, at the junction of the middle third and upper third of the curve line connecting tianchong (GB9) and Wangu (GB12).
Posterior to the ear, along a curved line drawn from GB 9 to GB 12 running within the hairline and more or less parallel to the line of the rim of the ear 1/3 from GB9.
Functions of fubai:
- Clears the head and benefits the neck region.
- Regulates the flow of qi in the head.
- Activates channels and alleviates pain.
- Benefits the ear.
- Headache, Migraine, tinnitus, deafness.
- Neckpain, stiffness in the neck.
Transverse insertion 0.5-1.5 cun.
Meeting point of Bladder and gallbladder.