Jiao: corner Sun: tertiary Collateral
Jiaosun is on the temporal region, corresponding to the apex of the ear, where the tertiary collaterals are distributed.
Chinese Name: 角孙
English Name/Meaning: Minute Angle
Pinyin: jiǎo sūn
Han Geul 한글: gak son 각손
Romaji: kaku son
Vietnamese: Giác tôn
On the side of the head, directly level with the apex of the ear when the ear is folded forwards.
- Clears heat and improves vision and hearing.
- Dispels wind and invigorates collaterals.
Indications of jiaosun:
- Eyes problems: red eyes, swollen eyes.
- Ear disorders: Tinnitus, loss of heraing.
- Mouth problems: toothache, dry lips, dry mouth.
- Headache, stiff neck.
Transverse insertion 0.5- 1.5 cun. Insert the needle within the subcutaneous layers close to the bone of the skull, rather than more shallowly.
Meeting point of SJ, GB, SI.