Sanjiao: three regions of the body cavity Shu: point
Sanjiaoshu is the place where the Qi of the Sanjiao is infused into the back.
Chinese Name: 三焦俞
English Name/Meaning: Sanjiao Transporter
Pinyin: sān jiāo shū
Han Geul 한글: sam cho yu 삼초유
Romaji: san shō yu
Vietnamese:Tam tiêu du
1.5 cun lateral to Zuanshu (GV5), at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the first lumbar vertebra.
- Regulate qi and eliminate dampness.
- Opens the water way.
- Regulates shaoyang meridian (Triple energizer and gall bladder).
- Borborygmus, abdominal distension, indigestion, vomiting, diarrhoea, dysentry.
- Edema, Difficulty in urination, cloudy urine, blood in urine, pain and stiffness of the lower back.
- Altered feeling of warm and cold.
Oblique or perpendicular-oblique insertion towards the spine, 1 to 1.5 cun.
Back shu point of triple energizer.
Deep perpendicular needling carries a risk of injuring the kidney.