Wai: exterior Ling: hill
The local prominence of wailing is like a hill.
Chinese Name: 外陵
English Name/Meaning: Outer Mound
Pinyin: wài líng
Han Geul 한글: woe neung 외릉
Romaji: gai ryō?
Vietnamese: Ngoại lăng
On the lower abdomen, 2 cun lateral to the midline and 1 cun inferior to the umbilicus.
1 cun below the umbilicus, 2 cun lateral to yinjiao (REN 7).
- Regulates Qi in the abdomen.
- Dispels cold and relieves pain.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, distension, diarrhoea, constipation.
- Reproductive disorders: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhoea.
- Urinary disorders: Difficulty holding urine, dribbling urine.
Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- In thin subjects, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.
- Do not use during pregnancy.