Xia: to press from both sides Xi: stream
Xiaxi is in the space between the 4th and 5th toes. The space like a stream.
Chinese Name: 侠溪
English Name/Meaning: Clamped Stream
Pinyin: xiá xī
Han Geul 한글: hyeop gye 협계
Romaji: kyō kei?
Vietnamese: Hiệp khê
On the dorsum of foot, between the fourth and fifth toe, proximal to the margin of the web, at the junction of the red and white skin.
Functions of xiaxi:
- Clears heat.
- Extinguishes wind.
- Relieves pain.
Headache, dizziness and vertigo, pain of the outer canthus, tinnitus, deafness, swelling of the cheek, pain in the hypochondriac region, distending pain of the breast, febrile diseases.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Oblique insertion directed proximally, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Ying-spring point.
- Water point.
- Mother (Reinforcing ) point.
- Use for external wind heat affecting ears and eyes.
- Important for pain in outer canthus.