Xuan: Hanging Zhong: bell
Xuanzhong is above the lateral malleolus, where children in ancient times used to hang a bell.
Chinese Name: 阳辅
English Name/Meaning: Yang Assistance
Pinyin: yáng fǔ
Han Geul 한글: yang bo 양보
Romaji: yō ho
Vietnamese: Dương phụ
3 cun above the tip of the external malleolus, on the posterior border of the fibula.
Functions of Xuanzhong:
- Dispels wind and damp from the channel (apoplexy, neck pain).
- Clears Gall bladder heat (hypochondriac pain, abdominal distension).
- Clears marrow heat and increases yin (connected with kidney yin, bone inflammation).
- Xuanzhong is main point for stiffness and pain of the neck, distending pain in the chest and hypochondriac region.
- Xuanzhong is also most distal point on GallBladder channel to treat neck disorders.
- Also benefits dementia,poor concentration, mental retardation, migraine, stroke.
- Xuanzhong is influential point for Marrow: (benefit the sinews and bones) a wide range of disorders characterized by weakness, flaccidity, contraction and pain of the limbs.
- Local disorders: Atrophy or paralysis in the lower limbs.
Puncture perpendicularly 1-1.5 cun.
- One of the Eight Influential Points of marrow.
- Intersection of 3 yang foot meridians.
- A point related to the function of bone marrow.