Zhong: middle Du: confluence
Zhongdu is at the midpoint of the medial aspect of the leg, and is a confluence of the Qi of the Liver meridian.
Chinese Name: 中都
English Name/Meaning: Central Capital
Han Geul 한글: jung do 중도
Romaji: chū to
Vietnamese: Trung đô
On the medial aspect of the lower leg, 7 cun proximal to the highest prominence of the medial malleolus, just posterior to the medial crest of the tibia, between the crest of the tibia and the gastrocnemius muscle.
- Regulate qi and blood (Acute pain).
- Relieve pain (lower abdomen).
Indications of zhongdu:
- Move blood and relieve pain: stasis of blood in the uterus, shan disorder and lower abdominal pain.
- Stop bleeding: retention of lochia, heavy menstruation, flooding, and leaking.
- Reproductive system problems:
- Female: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea.
- Male: seminal emission, premature ejaculation, loss of libido.
- Urinary Problems: retention of urine, enuresis, dribbling.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Oblique insertion directed proximally towards the abdomen, 1 to 2 cun.
- Xi-cleft point.
- Good for uterine bleeding and hernia.