Chong: long Qiang: strong
The spinal column is long and strong. Changqiang is at its lower end.
English name/ meaning: Long and strong
Chinese name: 長强
Chinese pinyin: Changqiang
Korean name: Chang gang
Japanese name: Chokyo
Vietnamese name: Trường cường
The centre point between the tip of the coccyx and the anus.
- Opens conception and governing vessels (heat-related symptoms, epilepsy, mania).
- Regulates the intestine (prolapse of the rectum).
- Changqiang is beneficial for treating disorders of the anus and rectum: prolapse of rectum, rectitis, tenesmus, prolapse of haemorrhoids, diarrhoea, constipation.
- Reproductive problems: secondary amenorrhea…
- Problems around genital organs: eczema, itching…
- Lumbago, sacrum and coccyx pain.
- Mental problems (as governing channel enters the brain): Psychosis, epilepsy.
Puncture obliquely 0.8-1cun along the aspect of the coccyx.
Luo-Connecting Point of Governor Vessel.
Crossing Point of Governing and conception vessel, Gallbladder and kidney channel.
Perpendicular insection should be avoided in order not to hurt the rectum.