Da: big Dun: thickness
“Da” refers to the big toe. Dadun is on the lateral aspect of the big toe, where the muscle is thick.
On the lateral side of the big toe, approximately 0.1 cun from the corner of the nail.
- Regulates menstruation (regulates chong and ren channels, clears heat in blood).
- Regulates lower burner (affects flow of qi, urinary bladder problems, prolapse of uterus).
- Returns Yang (loss of consciousness).
Indications of Dadun:
- Dadun is benefitial for reproductive system problems (regulate Qi and blood, regulate LIV).
- Female: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea.
- Male: seminal emission.
- Problems along LIV channel: vertex, throat, chest, hypochondriac, lower abdomen (side), genital, lower extremities.
- Mental problems (calm “shen”): mania, depression, insomnia, dream disturb sleeping, epilepsy.
- Lower burner problems: Hernia, amenorrhea, uterine bleeding, prolapsed uterus, enuresis, difficulty in urination.
Shallow puncture 0.1 – 0.2 cun.
Prick with a three-edged needle to induce bleeding.