Da: big Zhong: heel
Dazhong is at the heel and the calcaneous bone is big, hence the name.
Chinese Name: 大鐘
English Name/Meaning: Great Bell
Pinyin: dà zhōng
Han Geul 한글: dae jong 대종
Romaji: dai shō?
Vietnamese: Đại chung
Approximately 0.5 cun posterior to the midpoint of the line drawn between K3 and K5,on the anterior border of the Achilles tendon.
Functions and indications of dazhong:
- Regulates the kidneys, urine and harmonizes the blood.So is beneficial for pain and stiffness of the lower back, retention and drippling of urine, menstrual disorders, spitting of blood.
- Benefits the spirit.So is beneficial in treating psycho-emotional disorders: dementia, mental retardation, somnolence, propensity to anger,fright, fear and unhappiness.
- Treating disorders in regions reached by the luo-connecting channel. Luo-connecting channel ascends to a point below the PC. So is beneficial in palpitations, restlessness and agitation of the Heart with fullness and vomiting.
- Help the kidney absorb the Qi and support lung so is beneficial for lung disorders like cough, asthma, heavyness in chest.
- Local disorders: heel pain.
Oblique-perpendicular insertion directed anteriorly 0.5 cun.
- Luo connecting point
- Good for Heel pain.