Fei: Lung Shu:point
Feishu point is the place where the Qi of the lung infuses into the back.
Chinese Name: 肺俞
English Name/Meaning: Lung Transporter
Pinyin: fèi shū
Han Geul 한글: pye yu 폐유
Romaji: hai yu
Feishu is located 1.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the 3rd thoracic vertebra.
- Regulates lung qi;
- Reduces fever, clears heat.
- Supplements the lung (Enhances function of lung).
- Manipulation in this points
- Cough with asthma, common cold, nasal congestion; main point for respiratory diseases.
- High fever, night sweats.
- Itching of the skin, urticaria.
Oblique insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun.
Back-Shu Point of the Lung.
Avoid deep insertion to prevent damage to internal organs.
Deep perpendicular or needling in a wrong direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.