Feng: Pathogenic wind Shi: Market
“Market” means gathering and dispersing. Fengshi is an important point for removing the pathogenic wind.
Chinese Name: 风市
English Name/Meaning: Wind Market
Pinyin: fēng shì
Han Geul 한글: pung si 풍시
Romaji: fū shi
Vietnamese: Phong thị
Fengshi is located on the midline of the lateral aspect of the thigh, 7 cun above the transverse politeal crease.
Simple measurement: When the patient stands erect with the hands close to the sides, the point is where the tip of the middle finger touches.
Functions of Fengshi:
- Expels wind (wind damp: invades channel, internal wind: stroke; wind heat invading blood).
- Strengthen winew and bones (legs , good for atrophy of legs).
- Regulates Qi and blood in channels (in channel and legs).
- Good for atrophy or paralysis in the lower limbs, beriberi.
- Also benefits itching of the entire body, used with Quchi point.
- Good for herpes zoster.
Perpendicular or slightly oblique insertion posteriorly 1 to 2 cun.
Oblique insertion, directed proximally or distally, 1.5 to 2.5 cun.