Fu: Continuing Liu: flowing
Fuliu is above zhaohai (KI6) and refers to the Qi of the meridian flowing into the “sea”, re-emerging and continuing to flow.
Chinese Name: 復溜
English Name/Meaning: Returning Current
Pinyin: fù liū
Han Geul 한글: bong nyu 복류
Romaji: fuku ryū
Vietnamese: Phục lưu
On the medial aspect of the lower leg, 2 cun directly above Taixi(KI3), anterior to the Achilles tendon.
- Regulates sweat pores (promotes sweating or stop sweating as needed).
- Benefits the bladder (drains damp heat).
- Tonifies kidney ( Especially Kidney yang).
- Fuliu is major point for urinary disorders and sweating: Night sweats, anhidrosis, excessive sweating.
- Also benefits edema, abdominal distention, diarrhea.
- Atrophy or paralysis of the lower limbs.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1 cun
Good for sweating and urinary disorders.