Ge: Diaphragm Shu:point
Geshu is the place where the Qi of the diaphragm is infused into the back.
Chinese Name: 膈俞
English Name/Meaning: Diaphragm Transporter
Pinyin: gé shū
Han Geul 한글: gyeok yu 격유
Romaji: kaku yu
Vietnamese: Cách du
1.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the 7th thoracic vertebra.
Functions of Geshu:
- Regulates, cools, nourishes and invigorates Blood.
- Expands chest and diaphragm.
- Strengthens deficient conditions.
- Benefits tendons.
- Stomachache, fullness of the stomach, vomiting and hiccup. main point for blood syndrome, such as hematemesis, bleeding from the eye, ear, nose, mouth or subcutaneous tissues.
- Cough with asthme, hematemesis, high fever, night sweats.
- Urticaria. feeling of oppression in the chest.
Puncture obliquely 0.5-1 cun
- One of the Eight Influential Points(Blood Convergence).
- Good tonic point.
- Good for stomach cancer.
Deep perpendicular or needling in a wrong direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.