Han: Mandible Yan: obedience
Hanyan is at the temple and the local muscle moves along with the motion of the mandible when chewing.
Chinese Name: 颔厌
English Name/Meaning:Jaw Serenity
Pinyin: hàn yàn
Han Geul 한글: ha yeom 함염
Romaji: gan en
Vietnamese: Hàm yến
Location of Hanyan:
Within the hairline of the temporal region, at the junction of the upper 1/4 and lower 3/4 region of the distance between Touwei (ST8) and Qubin (GB7).
- Dispels wind and invigorates collateral.
- Clears heat, relieves pain.
- Head & facial disorders: migraine, pain on the outer canthus, tinnitus, facial paralysis, gingivitis, tonsillitis, throat disorders
- Psycho-emotional problems: convulsions, epilepsy.
- Sense organ disorders: disorders of eye, ear, face, mouth, tooth.
Transverse insertion 0.5-1.5 cun.
Meeting point of Triple energizer, gallbladder and stomach.