Jia: Cheek che: Vehicle
The term jia refers to mandible and the point is on the cheek close to the angle of mandible.
Chinese Name: 颊车
English Name/Meaning: Jaw Bone
Pinyin: jiá chē
Han Geul 한글: hyeop geo 협거
Romaji: kyō sha
Vietnamese: Giáp xa
One finger-breadth anterior and superior to the lower angle of the mandible, at the prominence of the masseter muscle when the teeth are clenched.
Functions and Indications of Jiache:
- Main point for facial paralysis or spasm, often used with Dicang.
- To treat neuralgia in the lower branch of trigeminal nerves (facial pain).
- Toothache, twitching of the facial muscle, swelling of cheeks.
- Ghost point – during epilepsy attack, calm people with Shen disorder – with Du24.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5cun.
- Transverse insertion to join with such points as ST 4, ST 5, ST 7 etc.; Puncture transversely to Dicang(ST4) 0.5-0.8 cun.
- Transverse insertion towards the upper or lower jaw for toothache.
- Main point for treating facial paralysis and toothache.
- Sun Si-miao Ghost point