Jian: shoulder Jing: well
Jianjing is on the shoulder depression, which is as deep as a well.
Chinese Name: 肩井
English Name/Meaning: Shoulder Well
Pinyin: jīan jǐng
Han Geul 한글: gyeon jeong 견정
Romaji: ken sei
Vietnamese: Kiên tỉnh
Midpoint linking the line between Dazhui(GV14) and the shoulder acromion.
- Clears and invigorates channel (relieves stiffness of neck, shoulder, upper back).
- Dissolves phlegm (swollen nodes around neck, scrofula, masses in breast, fibrous masses).
- Promotes lactation, promotes labor ( relieves placenta).
- Jianjing is good for local disordes like pain in the shoulder and the upper back, stiffness and pain in the neck.
- Also good foe gynaecology problems like mastitis, insufficient lactation, mastitis, delayed labor.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Crossing point of the channel of Hand-Shaoyang, Foot-Shaoyang, Foot-Yangming and Yang Ling Vessel.
- Promotes labor.
Inside the point is the tip of lung, so deep puncture must be avoided to avoid pneumothorax.