Jing: primary Men:door
Jingmen is a Mu-front point of the kidney meridian which dominates the primary Qi of the body in general. Jingmen is like the door through which the Qi of the kidney enters and exits.
Chinese Name: 京门
English Name/Meaning: Capital Gate
Pinyin: jīng mén
Han Geul 한글: gyeong mun 경문
Romaji: kei mon
Vietnamese: Kinh môn
On the lateral side of the abdomen, on the lower border of the free end of the twelveth rib.
Functions of Jingmen :
- Tonify kidney.
- Fortifies spleen and regulates intestines.
- Regulate fluid pathway in relation to Kidney.
- Strengthen lumbar region.
- Lower back pain, retention of urine, edema, difficulty in urination.
- Hypochondriac pain, hip pain.
- Digestive problems: abdominal distension, bloating, diarrhoea, vomit.
Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Front-mu point of kidney meridian.
- Good for palpitation and diagnosis of Kidney problems.
- Helps with urinary stones.
In thin subjects, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.