Li: shell Gou: groove
The external shape of the gastrocnemius muscle looks like a shell and the point is in the groove, medial and anterior to it.
English Name/Meaning: Woodworm Channel
Han Geul 한글: yeo gu 여구
Romaji: rei kō
Vietnamese: Lãi câu
On the medial aspect of the lower leg, 5 cun proximal to the highest prominence of the medial malleolus, just posterior to the medial crest of the tibia, between the crest of the tibia and the gastrocnemius muscle.
- Spreads Liver Qi and regulates the Qi.
- Clears damp heat in lower burner.
- Eliminates ‘plum-pit’ Qi.
- Moves Qi locally.
Indications of Ligou:
- Disorders of Liver meridian:
- Rebellious of Qi: Swollen of genitals and hernia
- Excess: Persistent erection
- Deficiency: Sudden itching of genitals
- Reproductive system problems:
- Female: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea.
- Male: seminal emission, premature ejaculation, loss of libido.
- Urinary Problems: retention of urine, enuresis, dribbling.
- Treating disorders in regions reached by the luo-connecting channel: (the Liver luo- connecting channel ascends to the genitals) the primary point on the channel to treat a wide variety of disorders affecting genitals area.
- Treating psycho-emotional disorders: plum-pit Qi in the throat, depression, fright palpitations, fear and fright, worried oppression.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Oblique insertion directed proximally towards the abdomen, 1 to 2 cun.
- Point of choice for Lower Burner (urinary, genital) problems.
- Can be used to suppress sexual desire.
- Luo Connecting Point.