Qi: Primary Qi Hai: Sea
Qihai is below the navel and is the sea of the primary Qi of the whole body.
English name/meaning : Sea of Qi
Chinese name: 气海
Chinese pinyin : Qihai
Korean name: Kihae
Japanese name: Kikai
Vietnamese name: Khi hai
French Name: Tsri-rae
Qihai is located 5 cun below the umbilicus.
- Regulates Qi (stagnation in the lower abdomen, distension).
- Tonifies Qi and Yang (any pattern of Qi deficiencies, lack of energy).
- Treat menstrual disorders and vaginal discharge (tonifies and regulates).
- Dispels dampness and turbidity.
Indication of Qihai:
- Qi hai is the main point for diseases of the intestines, fullness of the abdomen, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, constipation, dysentery.
- Also good to treat diseases of the urinary and genital systems, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, nocturnal emissions, impotence, often used with Guanyuan(CV4) point.
- Health point used to keep the body fit.
- Relieving collapse often used with Shenque and Guanyuan.
- Puncture perpendicularly 1-1.5 cun after urination.
- Moxibustion is advisable frequently.
The main point for strengthening the body and initiating hygiene.
The point is contraindicated in pregnancy.