Qiu: Mound Xu: Large mound
Qiuxu is between the lateral malleolus ( like a mound) and the peroneal trochlea of the calcaneous (like a large mound).
Chinese Name: 丘墟
English Name/Meaning: Mound of Ruins
Pinyin: qiū xū
Han Geul 한글: gu heo 구허
Romaji: kyū kyo
Vietnamese: Khâu khư
Qiuxu lies anterior and inferior to the external malleolus, in the depression on the lateral side of the tendon of m.extensor digitorum longus.
Functions of Qiuxu:
- Spreads liver qi and benefits Gall Bladder (Liver Qi stagnation related to heat; drains damp heat from Gall Bladder).
- Clears channel (opens hip , foot , leg from cramping).
- Main point for problems along gallbladder channel: eye disorders, blurred vision, neck pain, hypochondriac pain.
- Good for distending pain in the chest and hypochondriac region; Malaria.
- Local disorders : Atrophy or paralysis of the lower extremities, sciatica, pain in malleolus joint and around, such as arthritis and sprain.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-0.8 cun
- Yuan-Source Point.
- Good for Sciatica.