Que: depression pen: basin
Quepen refers to the supraclavicular fossa, where the point is located.
Chinese Name: 缺盆
English Name/Meaning: Empty Basin
Pinyin: quē pén
Han Geul 한글: gyeol bun 결분
Romaji: ketsu bon
Vietnamese: Khuyết bồn
In the supraclavicular area, posterior to the superior border of the clavicle and at its midpoint, 4 cun lateral to the midline, on the mamillary line.
- Descends Lung Qi and clears heat from the chest.
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain.
Cough, asthma, sore throat, pain in the supraclavicular fossa.
Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun along the posterior border of the clavicle.
- Meeting point of the stomach, large intestine, small intestine, triple energizer and gallbladder channels.
- Good for pain in supraclavicular fossa.
- Avoid deep needling.
- Avoid the transverse common artery.
- Contraindicated in pregnancy.