Also called as Shuigou.
Shui: water Gou: groove
Renzhong is in the philtrum, which looks like a water groove.
English name/meaning : Water Trough
Chinese name: 人中
Chinese pinyin: Renzhong
Korean name: Sugu
Japanese name: Suiko
Vietnamese name: Nhan trung
Renzhong is located at the junction of the upper 1/3 and lower 2/3 of the philtrum.
- Returns consciousness (clears brain, revives coma, shock ).
- Benefits lumbar spine.
- Dispels wind pathogen.
- Renzhong is the main point to relieve shock in first aid. In absence of needle, the nail of a finger can be used to press the point, which may increase blood pressure and excite respiration, unconsciousness, syncope, psychosis, epilepsy, stroke, heat stroke, shock.
- Facial paralysis, nasal obstruction, nosebleed, lockjaw;
- Sprain lumbago
Puncture 0.3-0.5 cun upwards obliquely or pinch with a fingernail.
- Meeting point of Governor vessel, Large intestine and Stomach Channel.
- Ghost Point
- Command point for Fainting and Collapse.
- Main point for emergency treatment.
Moxibustion cannot be used at this point.