Ru: breast gen: root
Rugen is at the root of the breast.
Chinese Name: 乳根
English Name/Meaning: Root of the Breast
Pinyin: rǔ gēn
Han Geul 한글: yu geun 유근
Romaji: nyū kon?
Vietnamese: Nhũ căn
On the chest, directly below the nipple, on the lower border of the breast, in the 5th intercostal space, 4 cun lateral to anterior midline.
- Regulates lung and qi of the chest.
- Diffuse connecting vessels of breast.
Indications of rugen:
- This is one of the best points for breast problems like mastitis, insufficient lactation, redness, swelling , pain.
- Pain in chest, cough, asthma.
Puncture obliquely 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Best point for breast problems.
- Oblique insertion only.
Deep or perpendicular insertion carries a substantial risk of puncturing the lung.