Shen: Spirit Que: Palace gate
Shenque is in the centre of the navel which is an important passage for the circulation of the Qi and blood of the foetus, like a palace gate of the spirit.
English name/ meaning: Spirit Tower Gate
Chinese name: 神阙
Chinese pinyin: Shenque
Korean name: Shin-gwol
Japanese name: Shinketsu
Vietnamese name: Than khuyet
French Name: Chenn-koann (Chenn-tsiue)
- Warms and restores Yang Qi (restores consciousness).
- Strengthens the Spleen (promotes transformation and transportation function of the spleen).
- Regulates the intestine.
In the centre of the umbilicus.
Indications of shenque:
- Shenque is the great point for collapse, flaccid pattern of stroke, in first aid, often used with Qihai and Guanyuan.
- Digestive Disorders: abdominal pain, abdominal distension, constipation, diarrhea, rectal prolapse.
- Problems of lower jiao: Urinary Problems like Edema, difficulty in urination; Reproductive problems like infertility, spermatorrhoea.
Moxibustion may be indirect (moxa stick) or mediated by substance such as salt.
The main point for collapse syndrome.
Good point for moxa.
No Needling at this point.