Shui: water Dao: passage
The deep region of the Shuidao corresponds to the small intestines and is close to the bladder, pertaining to the lower jiao, where waterway passes.
Chinese Name: 水道
English Name/Meaning: Water Passage
Pinyin: shuǐ dào
Han Geul 한글: su do 수도
Romaji: sui do(?)
Vietnamese: Thủy đạo
On the lower abdomen, 2 cun lateral to the midline and 3 cun inferior to the umbilicus.
1 cun below the umbilicus, 3 cun lateral to Guanyuan(REN 4).
- Regulates qi in the abdomen,
- Cools damp heat and benefits bladder.
- Regulates menstruation.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, distension, diarrhoea, constipation.
- Reproductive disorders: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhoea, sterility.
- Urinary disorders: Difficulty holding urine, dribbling urine, UTI, nephritis, cystitis,
- Local applications: Stroke patients with urination difficulty.
Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
Famous point for female reproductive system problems.
- Deep insertion may penetrate the peritoneal cavity in thin patients or may penetrate a full bladder.
- Ask the patient to empty the bladder before needling.
- Donot use during pregnancy.