Tian: Upper part Chuang: window
Tianchuang is on the neck and indicated in treating otological diseases. Its function is to restore hearing loss, as if a window were being opened.
Chinese Name: 天窗
English Name/Meaning: Heavenly Window
Pinyin: tiān chuāng
Han Geul 한글: cheon chang 천창
Romaji: ten sō?
Vietnamese: Thiên song
On the posterior border of the sternocleidomastoid muscle, level with the laryngeal prominence.
In the lateral aspect of the neck, posterior to sternocleidomastoideus and Futu(LI18), on the level of the laryngeal protuberance.
- Benefits the ears, throat and voice.
- Regulates Qi and calms the spirit.
- Activates the channel, alleviates pain and clears heat.
Indications of Tianchuang:
- Ear Disorders: deafness, tinnitus, ear pain.
- Throat disorders: goiter, scrofula, throat painful obstruction, obstruction of the throat.
- Voice disorders: sudden loss of voice following wind stroke, sudden loss of voice.
- Psycho-emotional disorders: manic ghost talk, mania-depression.
- Others: Swelling and pain of the cheek, heat sensation of the skin of the face.
Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Window of Heaven Point.
- Use for tightness of Sternocleidomastoid muscle.
Read about other points of Small Intestine Meridian:
SI1-Shaoze-少泽 SI2-Qiangu-前谷 SI3-Houxi-後溪 SI4-Wangu-腕骨 SI5-Yanggu-阳谷 SI6-Yanglao-养老 SI7-Zhizheng-支正 SI8-Xiaohai-小海 SI9-Jianzhen-肩贞 SI10-Naoshu-臑俞 SI11-Tianzhong-天宗 SI12-Bingfeng-秉風 SI13-Quyuan-曲垣 SI14-Jianwaishu-肩外俞 SI15-Jianzhongshu-肩中俞 SI17-Tianrong-天容 SI18-Quanliao-颧髎 SI19-Tinggong-听宫