Tian: heaven Jing: well
The upper indicates heaven. Tianjing is in the depression by the olecranon of the upper limb, which is linked to a well.
Chinese Name: 天井
English Name/Meaning: Heavenly Well
Pinyin: tiān jǐng
Han Geul 한글: cheon jeong 천정
Romaji: ten sei(?)
Vietnamese: Thiên tỉnh
With the elbow flexed, this point is located in the depression cun proximal to the olecranon.
- Transforms damp phlegm in channel and connecting vessels.
- Clears fire.
Indications of Tianjing:
- Swollen lymph nodes, goiter, mass in neck, scrofula, tonsilitis, heat and swelling in the throat.
- Migraine, epilepsy, coughing up phlegm.
- Ear problems: tinnitus, deafness, blockage of ears, earache.
- Local disorders: pain in the finger, arm, elbow, shoulder, upper back problems (pain, numbness, tingling, tremors, movement limited ).
Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- He-sea point.
- Son (reducing) point.
- Good for lymphatic swelling in neck.