Tian: heaven Yu: window
“Heaven” here means “upper”. Tianyou means heavenly windows. The point is on the upper part of the lateral a
Chinese Name: 天牖
English Name/Meaning: Window of Heaven
Pinyin: tiān yǒu
Han Geul 한글: cheon yong 천용
Romaji: ten yū?
Vietnamese: Thiên dũ
On the posterior border of the sternocleidomastoid muscle, approximately 1 cun inferior to GB12, on a line drawn between BL10 and SI17.
- Reduces swelling and stops pain.
- Clears head, invigorates collateral.
Indications of tianyou:
- Problems of face and head: Headache, dizziness, puffy face, deafness.
- Insomnia, dream disturbed sleep.
- Local problems: stiff neck.
Perpendicular insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Sky window point.
- Good for lymphadenopathy.
This is a very delicate point. Use only if you have skill.