Ting: hearing Hui: gathering
Tinghui is in front of the ear and beneficial to hearing. It is a place where the Qi of the meridian at the ear is gathered.
Chinese Name: 听会
English Name/Meaning: Meeting of Hearing
Pinyin: tīng huì
Han Geul 한글: cheong hoe 청회
Romaji: chō e
Vietnamese: Thính hội
In front of the intertragic notch, on the posterior border of the condylar process of the mandible in the depression when the mouth is open.
Functions of tinghui:
- Opens the ear (removes obstruction from channel, moves qi in channel, ear pain, TMJ pain).
- Dispels wind (Exterior wind heat, otorrhea/ear discharge).
- Clears liver and gallbladder channel.
- Tinghui is good for ear and jaw problems like tinnitus, deafness, TMJ pain.
- Also useful for deviation of the mouth and eye, toothache, facial pain.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 cun.
This point should be needled with the mouth wide open.
Read About More Acupuncture Points of Gallbladder Meridian
GB1-瞳子髎-Tongziliao GB21-肩井- Jianjing GB22-渊腋- Yuanye GB23-辄筋- Zhejin GB24-日月- Riyue GB25-京门- Jingmen GB26-帶脉- Daimai GB27-五枢- Wushu GB28-維道- Weidao GB29-居髎- Juliao GB30-环跳- Huantiao GB31-风市- Fengshi GB32-中渎- Zhongdu GB33-膝阳关- Xiyangguan GB34-阳陵泉- Yanglingquan GB35-阳交- Yangjiao GB36-外丘- Waiqiu GB37-光明- Guangming GB38-阳辅- Yangfu GB39-悬锺- Xuanzhong GB40-丘墟- Qiuxu GB41-足临会- Zulinqi GB42-地五会- Diwuhui GB43-侠溪- Xiaxi GB44-足窍阴- Zuqiaoyin