Wei: crooked Zhong: middle
Weizhong is at the midpoint of the transverse crease of the popliteal fossa.
Chinese Name: 委中
English Name/Meaning: Middle of the Crook
Pinyin: wěi zhōng
Han Geul 한글: wi jung 위중
Romaji: i chū
On the midpoint of the transverse crease of the popliteal fossa, between the tendons of the biceps femoris and semitendinous.
Functions of Weizhong:
- Drains summer heat (heat in blood, heat in body).
- Benefits lower back and knees (god for tendons).
- Clears blood heat (get toxinsout of blood, red rashes).
- Main point for pains of the back and lumbar, spasm of the popliteal tendons, weakness or paralysis in the lower limbs.
- Since weizhong is the He-sea point of Bladder meridian, this is also main point in difficulty in urination, enuresis.
- Diseases of skin: Erysipelas, urticaria, furuncles.
Puncture perpendicularly 1-1.5 cun.
Prick to bleeding with three-edged needles.
He-Sea Point of Bladder.
Gao Wu command point.
Not suitable for direct moxibustion.