Xia: Lower Guan: Pass
The term guan refers to the zygomatic arch and the point is below the arch.
Chinese Name: 下关
English Name/Meaning: Below the Joint
Pinyin: xià guān
Han Geul 한글: ha gwan 하관
Romaji: ge kan
Vietnamese: Hạ quan
At the lower border of the zygomatic arch, in the depression anterior to the condyloid process of the mandible.
Indications of xiaguan:
- Joint problems in jaw: Lower mandible pain, locked jaw.
- Deviated mouth and eyes, toothache, swelling of cheek, trigeminal neuralgia pain, facial pain.
- As the point is the meeting point of stomach and Gallbladder channel so is used for deafness, tinnitus, ear infection.
- Perpendicular insertion slightly inferiorly 0.5 to 1 cun;
- Transverse insertion to join with such points as SI19, ST6, SI18 for diseases of the ear, teeth, face and jaw.
Meeting point of the Stomach and Gall Bladder channel