Yang: Yang of yin-yang Ling: mound Quan: Spring
The lateral is Yang. The head of the fibula at the lateral aspect of the knee is prominent as a mound below which in the depression yanglingquan is located , like a spring.
Chinese Name: 阳陵泉
English Name/Meaning: Yang Mound Spring
Pinyin: yáng líng quán
Han Geul 한글: yang neung cheon 양릉천
Romaji: yō ryō sen
Vietnamese: Dương lăng tuyền
In the depression anterior and inferior to the small head of the fibula.
Functions of Yanglingquan:
- Benefits Liver and Gall Bladder (spreads flow of Liver Qi).
- Resolves damp heat from Liver channel (fullness, distension).
- Removes obstruction from channel (wind, damp, stagnation, arthritis, atrophym Bi syndrome, windstroke).
- Relax and strengthen sinew and bones.
- Yanglingquan is most important points for treating disorders of GallBladder:Jaundice, bitter taster in mouth, hiccups, vomiting, hepatitis, choldcystits, cholelithisis (cholecyslolithiasis), ascariasis of the gallbladder.
- Also good for Migraine, pain in the hypochondriae and costal region, sciatic neuralgia.
- Local disorders: Pain in the knee joint hemiplegia.
Puncture perpendicularly 1-1.5 cun.
- He-Sea Point.
- Lower He-Sea Point of the Gallbladder.
- One of the Eight Influential Points.
- A point related to the functions of tendons.
- Main point for Sciatica, shoulder disorders.