Ye: water Men: door
Yemen is a Ying-spring point of triple energizer meridian, pertaining to water. It has a function of regulating the passage of water like a door for entry and exit of water.
Chinese Name: 液门
English Name/Meaning: Fluid Gate
Pinyin: yè mén
Han Geul 한글: aeng mun 액문
Romaji: eki mon(?)
Vietnamese: DỊch môn
When fist is clenched, yemen lies in the depression proximal to the margin of the web between the ring and little fingers, 0.5 cun proximal to the margin of the web.
Functions of Yemen:
- Invigorates the channel and connecting vessels.
- Reduces swelling and relieves pain.
- Clears heat from the upper reaches of the channel.
- Clear heat from the heart and spirit.
- Sense organs’ problems (SJ channel pass through): ears (deafness, tinnitus, earache), eyes (redness, dryness, lacrimation) and gums and teeth (pain and bleeding),mouth, throat.
- Local disorders (finger, hand, arm problems): stiffness, numbness, painful of arms (esp. along SJ channel).
Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Ying Spring Point
- Good for hand pain and ear problems.