Yin: Yin of Yin-Yang Gu: Valley
Yin means “interior”. Yingu is at the medial aspect of the knee joint and the local depression is like a valley.
Chinese Name: 阴谷
English Name/Meaning: Yin Valley
Pinyin: yīn gǔ
Han Geul 한글: eum gok 음곡
Romaji: in koku
Vietnamese: Âm cốc
With the knee flexed, on the medial side of the popliteal fossa, between the tendons of semitendinosus and semimenbranosus.
- Dispels damp and promotes urination (benefits the bladder).
- Tonify Kidney and clears heat (symptoms of damp heat).
- Clears the lower jiao( regulates Qi in lower jiao).
- Good for urinary disorders and knee pain: Pain on the medial side of the knee and leg.
- Also helps in impotence, irregular menstruation, uterine bleeding, difficulty in urination, hernia.
Puncture perpendicularly 1.0-1.5 cun