English Name/Meaning: Hall of Impression
Chinese Name: 印堂
Chinese Pinyin: Yintang
On the forehead, at the midpoint between the two medial ends of the eyebrow.
- Calms the spirit and reduces pain (general pain, insomnia, headache).
- Benefits the nose (nasal disorders, nasal congestion, sinusitis).
- Coarses wind (infantile convulsion).
Indications of yitang :
- Yintang is the common point for various head disorders like headache, heavy sensation of the head, vertigo.
- Psycho-emotional disorders: Epilepsy, infantile convulsion, Insomnia, forgetfulness.
- Nasal Disorders: Nosebleed, sinusitis.
- With the fingers of one hand pinch up the skin over the point, and with the other hand needle transversely in an inferior or lateral direction, 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Prick to induce bleeding.
Commonly used point for harmonising effect.