Zhong: middle Du: small ditch
Zhongdu is in between the tendons at the lateral aspect of the thigh, as if in a ditch.
Chinese Name: 中渎
English Name/Meaning: Middle Ditch
Pinyin: zhōng dú
Han Geul 한글: jung dok 중독
Romaji: chū toku?
Vietnamese: Trung độc
On the lateral aspect of the thigh, 2 cun inferior to Fengchi (GB31) or 5 cun superior to the popliteal crease, between vastus lateralis and biceps femoris.
Functions of Zhongdu:
- Dispels wind and cold.
- Relax sinew and invigorates channels.
- Treats atrophy syndromes (Wei syndrome).
Pain and soreness of the thigh and knee, numbness and weakness of the lower limbs, hemiplegia.
- Perpendicular or slightly posteriorly oblique insertion 1to 2 cun.
- Oblique insertion, directed proximally or distally, 1.5 to 2.5 cun.
- Weaker than Fengshi(GB31), mostly used for local disorders.
- Alternate point to GB31.