Ji: summit Quan:spring
Jiquan is in the centre of the armpit, the local depression is like a spring.
Chinese Name: 極泉
English Name: Summit Spring
Pinyin: jí quán
Han Geul 한글: geuk cheon 극천
Romaji: kyoku sen
Vietnamese: Cực tuyền
In the depression at the centre of the axilla, on the medial side of the axillary artery.
- Unbinds the chest.
- Opens the channel.
- Nourishes the heart Yin.
Indications of Jiquan:
- Good for chest, costal pain and pain of the elbow and arm, dryness of the throat.
- Heart disorders: heart pain, chest pain, hypochondriac pain.
- Throat and eye problems: throat pain, redness of eye.
Perpendicular insertion (in the direction of GB21) 0.5 to 1 cun, avoiding the axillary artery.
- Avoid the axillary artery.
- Medial insertion towards the chest may puncture the lung.