Qu: curve ze: marsh
Quze is the point where qi of the meridian infuses into the shallow depression of the elbow like a water flowing into a marsh.
On the transverse cubital crease, on the ulnar side of tendon of the biceps brachii muscle.
- Opens Heart qi (resuscitation, loss of consciousness).
- Drains heat and cools blood. (heat that has gone deep into body, severe bronchitis, sunstroke ).
- Sedates rebellious qi and stops vomiting.
- Quze is good point for cardiac pain, palpitation, Sunstroke.
- Stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Local problems: arm pain, elbow pain.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.0 cun.
Prick with the three-edged needle to induce bleeding.
The brachial artery and veins lie deeply, just medial to this point.