Hun: soul Men:door
The liver stores the soul. The point is at the level of Ganshu, (BL18) like a door for the Qi of the liver.
Chinese Name: 魂门
English Name/Meaning: Gate of the Ethereal Soul
Pinyin: hún mén
Han Geul 한글: hon mun 혼문
Romaji: kon mon?
Vietnamese: Hồn môn
3 cun lateral to Jinsuo (GV8), at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the ninth thoracic vertebra.
Functions of Hunmen:
- Clears Liver qi stagnation.
- Roots ethereal soul (Hunmen).
- Regulates the spleen and stomach.
- Fear, depression, frustration, Manic behavior, mental confusion, excessive dreaming.
- Pain in the chest and hypochondriac region, back pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
Oblique insertion towards lateral 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
Good for depression, frustration, long-standing resentment.
Deep perpendicular or needling in a wrong direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.