Qian : front Gu: Valley
Qiangu Lies in the depression in front of the 5th metacarpophalangeal joint, which is like a valley.
Chinese Name: 前谷
English Name/Meaning: Front Valley
Pinyin: qián gǔ
Han Geul 한글: jeon gok 전곡
Romaji: zen koku(?)
Vietnamese: Tiền cốc
On the ulnar aspect of the little finger, distal to the metacarpophalangeal joint, at the junction of the shaft and the base of the proximal phalanx, at the junction of red and white skin.
- Drains Heat, expels Wind.
- Disperses accumulations.
Indications of Qiangu:
- Problems along the pathway of SI channel:
- Ears: Tinnitus, hearing, (SJ & GB usu. better).
- Face: Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ, acne.
- Nose: Stuffy, congestion.
- Headache: Occipital Taiyang
- Heat symptoms along the Channel:
- Swelling and pain of the neck and cheek,
- Throat painful obstruction
- Ear – tinnitus, deafness(Supplementing Life: Deafness: SI 2, SI 3, LI 6)
- Eye – yellow discharge, redness, burning, itching sensation.
- Chills, fever, malaria (Taiyang)
- Problems along the Yang channel: stiffness and pain of the neck and back and pain of the scapula, arm and wrist.
- Oblique distal insertion 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Perpendicular-oblique insertion towards the palm, 0.5 cun.
Ying Spring point
Read about other points of Small Intestine Meridian:
SI1-Shaoze-少泽 SI3-Houxi-後溪 SI4-Wangu-腕骨 SI5-Yanggu-阳谷 SI6-Yanglao-养老 SI7-Zhizheng-支正 SI8-Xiaohai-小海 SI9-Jianzhen-肩贞 SI10-Naoshu-臑俞 SI11-Tianzhong-天宗 SI12-Bingfeng-秉風 SI13-Quyuan-曲垣 SI14-Jianwaishu-肩外俞 SI15-Jianzhongshu-肩中俞 SI16-Tianchuang-天窗 SI17-Tianrong-天容 SI18-Quanliao-颧髎 SI19-Tinggong-听宫