Qi : cycle Men: door
The bilateral flanks where Qimen is locates looks like an open door. When the Qi of the meridian reaches here, it is considered as one cycle of circulation.
Directly below the nipple, at the 6th intercostal space, 4 cun lateral to the anterior midline..
- Promotes smooth flow of liver qi (for sour fluid, voiting, nausea , stomach heat).
- Benefits the stomach.
- Transforms and delivers blood stasis.
- Qimen is main point to treat diseases of the liver and the gallbladder .
- Distending pain in the chest and hypochondriac region, depression.
- Abdominal distension, hiccups, acid regurgitation.
- Intercostal neuralgia.
Puncture obliquely 0.5-0.8 cun.
Front-Mu Point of the Liver;
Crossing Point of the channels of Foot-Jueyin;
Foot-Taiyang and the Yin Link Vessel.
Potent point to move qi and blood.
For the points in the intercostal space, insert the needle at the superior margin where intercostal vasculars are located to avoid hurting.
Deep insertion should be avoided in order not to hurt the internal organs.
Donot use nipple for location, count ribs for 6th intercostal space.