Zhong: Middle Feng: Earth heaped into a mound
Zhongfeng is on the foot, where the qi of the meridian is abundant. It is an imprtant “pass” in this meridian.
English Name/Meaning: Middle Margin
Han Geul 한글:jung bong 중봉
Vietnamese: Trung phong
On the ankle, anterior to the prominence of the medial malleolus, in the significant depression just medial to the tendon of tibialis anterior when the ankle is extended (dorsiflexed).
Opens the channel, promotes the flow of Liver Qi, regulates the Lower Burner.
Indications of zhongfeng:
- Reproductive system problems:
- Female: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea.
- Male: seminal emission, premature ejaculation, loss of libido.
- Urinary Problems: retention of urine, enuresis, dribbling.
- Diseases manifesting in the patient’s voice: sighing
- Mental problems: mania, depression, insomnia, disturbed sleep.
- Diseases of the sinews and bones: contracted sinews, lumbar pain.
- Problems along LIV channel: vertex, throat, chest, hypochondriac, lower abdomen (side), genital, lower extremities.
Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun, or oblique insertion medially towards SP5 or laterally towards ST41.
- Jing-River Point.
- Metal point of the Liver channel.